Learn about the different types of ISP IPs and see which one is right for you.
There are three types of IPs that we offer within our ISP Proxy Network:
- Shared (Pay per usage)
- Shared (Pay per IP)
Shared IPs are shared across multiple users. We have 2 tiers for shared IPs within the ISP proxy network:
- Pay Per Usage
- Connects you to a pool of 20,000 IPs that consist of a fixed allocated range of IPs from every country available.
- These IPs can be continuously rotated within the pool of 20k as needed (specific countries can be chosen in chrome, the Proxy manager, or through API)
- You will be charged only for the usage.
- Geolocation targeting - With a 'Shared' IP(pay-per-usage), you'll be able to control your geolocation targeting when you send a request, with the ‘-country’ flag. A simple example of a request that targets the US would look like
curl --proxy zproxy.lum-superproxy.io:22225 --proxy-user brd-customer-<CUSTOMER_ID>-zone-zone1-country-us:<ZONE_PASSWORD> "http://lumtest.com/myip.json"
Learn more about targeting different country targeting options from our ‘Proxy integration examples’ page
- Pay per IP
- Purchase individual IPs for your use (with unlimited BW or cost per GB) in the country of your choosing. You will be charged per IP and usage, or switch to unlimited bandwidth.
- Geolocation targeting - The IP allocated to your zone will be from the selected country.
Tip for geolocation: If you choose an IP type where your IPs are automatically allocated (Pay per IP or Dedicated), it is recommended to set up a separate ISP proxy zone, for each geolocation you wish to target.
Dedicated IPs are set aside for your use only. This IP type is more lucrative and you can control the allocation of the IPs based on the following features:
- Geolocation targeting - The dedicated IP allocated to your zone will be from your selected country
- Domains - Define the domains you'd like your IPs to be exclusive to. Requests to all other domains will be sent from our super proxies.
Note: You may check 'All domains' for full exclusivity over the IPs, and in this case, they will only be used by you.