Learn how to create different users, the different permissions you can grant them, and what activities they'll be able to perform on your account.
Types of permissions
For different reasons, you may want to grant access to your control panel, you may add different users, and set the permissions they’ll have to your Bright Data’s account.
There are five types of permissions you may want to assign to different users
- Admin - Can manage all aspects of the account. You will need to verify this user by typing a code sent to your email.
- Ops - Operations. Can't modify users nor permissions. But can manage all the other aspects of the account, except billing.
- Finance - Can't modify users nor permissions. But can manage all the other aspects of the account, including billing.
- Limit - Can only modify access parameters to proxies, including passwords, whitelisted and blacklisted IPs.
- User - Can only use the account
Add a new user to your control panel
- Sign in to Bright Data's control panel. If you have yet to sign up to Bright Data, you can sign up for free, and receive a $5 credit to get started!
- Navigate to your account settings page
- Under ‘User access’ click on ‘New user’
- Add user’s information and permissions, then click ‘Save user’